Thursday, July 14, 2011

Care Package from Minnesota/NYC


You can imagine my great joy when a goodie box filled with fun surprises from Courtney and Tudor was waiting for me when I stepped in the door today.

It's hard to say what my favorite goodie was.  I was quite happy to find that the pants Rok peed on moments before we boarded the plane home to Minnesota had been laundered and returned to me.  In my frustration and haste I'd told Courtney to just throw them away.  Luckily, she's the more level-headed of us two.

I also loved my sweet running shirt from Tudor's USA Soccer trip to Brazil and broke it in immediately with a run around the lake here in Klahanie.  This is a photo post-run (which Gabe asked me if I was sure I wanted to take because I was 'all red and sweaty', but I decided to go with it for authenticity).

But if you look in Rok's hands you'll find my favorite part of the care package.  A magazine aptly titled Central Minnesota Women which Courtney sent me to demonstrate the 'propaganda' she's exposed to on a daily basis.  I don't know what she's complaining about.  I learned how to make my own leather goods, the low-down on the best knitting patterns, and what it takes to be a hardcore BMX woman while merely skimming this fine piece of literature for a few minutes.  Who knows what other gems I'll find once I really take the time to read it thoroughly:)

Thanks for our package Courtney and Tudor! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. haha I love it! I'm so glad it got to you so quickly and that you enjoyed it :)

    you most certainly do not look all red and sweaty, you look great! and it looks like that shirt fits you perfectly, yay!

    and I'm glad you enjoyed Central Minnesota Women as much as I thought you might. I saw it and instantly thought of you ;)

    little Rok looks super cute too, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Taren and Courtney really is the best. I love reading about little Rokstad.

    ReplyDelete